Saturday, March 19, 2011

CYMATICS - SOUND MADE VISIBLE!

Click on the title above to go to the Youtube video on Cymatics 1
 Sound made visible! This is a pic of my first experiment with cymatics - the human voice creating visible patterns and shapes that move and are in flux with changes in pitch, vowels sounds and resonance. 
I built a HOME MADE TONOSCOPE and used salt on the blue membrane. Also used my phone to record the pitch. I look forward to more explorations and sharing with others interested in cymatics! Watch the video on Youtube by clicking on the title of this post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xa7dzmxjLQ

1 comment:

bazbilly said...

Hi Suzanne would you be able to tell me how you made your tonoscope?
Please let me know! My email address is ugpfashions@hotmail.com
Many many thanks!!!